Why Choose LASIK at Medical Eye Center?
Why choose Medical Eye Center for your LASIK procedure?
- Both Dr. Matt Oliva and Dr. John Welling are fellowship-trained cornea specialists.
- With over 23 years of experience, Dr. Imperia has performed more than 25,000 LASIK procedures.
- Dr. Imperia took part in the original FDA studies of LASIK.
- Dr. Imperia has been with Medical Eye Center since 1990. He has a proven track record of excellent patient care.
- More than 100 of our own staff members have had LASIK with our surgeons.
- More than 500 other eye doctors and their staff have chosen Medical Eye Center for their laser vision correction.
- Dr. Imperia can relate—he’s had the procedure himself!
- Medical Eye Center uses only the latest, most advanced technology. Older LASIK procedures use a blade to create the corneal flap, but Medical Eye Center uses an all-laser procedure for more accuracy and fewer complications. Our blade-free LASIK procedure is safer and more precise than using a blade.
- The blade-free IntraLase LASIK procedure is the only LASIK procedure to be approved by NASA astronauts and Air Force fighter pilots.
- Our surgeons use the latest generation of Intralase technology. Only a handful of clinics on the West Coast can say the same.
- More patients are eligible for the blade-free LASIK procedure.
- Blade-free LASIK results in faster healing time and reduces the risk of dry eye.
- Wavefront technology is 25 times more precise at measuring your vision than other methods.
- Our laser tracks any eye movement and will stop the laser immediately. Once realigned, the laser starts exactly where it left off.
- Our laser uses iris registration to precisely align your treatment according to a map that’s as unique as your fingerprint.
Our Specialized Staff
- Medical Eye Center has an certified laser technician on staff who maintains our laser and assists our doctors during surgery.
- Our experienced surgical team receives ongoing training so they are always up-to-date on the latest technology.
- Our patient counselors stay in contact with you during the entire process.
- We’ll even hold your hand during surgery!
- An ophthalmologist is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day.
- Our patient counselors are available during business hours to help with anything you need.
- We have an after-hours phone service to take your calls in an emergency.
- Did you know that most laser vision correction centers rent their equipment?
- Medical Eye Center owns all of our equipment, giving us the consistency we need to provide the best possible care for your eyes.
LASIK Enhancement Program
- Enhancement procedures for LASIK or PRK will be performed at the discretion of your surgeon based on his medical judgment. Examinations and enhancement procedures are free for one year after the date of your original procedure. After one year, enhancements will be charged at $350 per eye. You and/or your insurance company will also be charged the usual and customary fees by Medical Eye Center and/or your primary eye doctor as well as $250 for a pre-surgical exam and measurements with us to determine if you are a candidate for enhancement.
- Our enhancement program is subject to change at any time. During your life, you may develop other eye problems such as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, etc. which may change your vision and require surgery which is not covered under this program. Having other eye surgeries, such as cataract surgery, retinal detachment surgery, etc. may result in you becoming more dependent on glasses in the future. Enhancements to correct vision after other surgeries are not covered under this policy. New technologies or treatments for other conditions may be developed that would also not be covered. The program may not be continued by other providers or entities. The fee we charge for enhancements may change over time.
Quality You Can Afford
- Medical Eye Center accepts several forms of payment, so it’s easy for you to afford your best possible vision.
- We offer Care Credit, a medical credit card that features easy monthly payment plans with no money down, including up to 18 months same as cash. Approval can take as little as 20 seconds, and we’ll even pay your sign-up fee! Learn more…