Custom LASIK is a laser vision correction procedure which uses the latest technology to measure the unique visual characteristics of your eye to customize your treatment. Custom LASIK in Medford provides an additional level of precision over what traditional LASIK offers and provides you with the best possible quality vision.
The WaveLight® Laser relies on PerfectPulse Technology® to accurately control the energy level and exact placement of every laser pulse as it reaches the eye. The high-speed active eye-tracker tracks the eye 200 times per second, following even the fastest eye movements during treatment. If the eye moves out of range, the procedure pauses until the eye returns to a treatment position
Custom LASIK is preferred by many since the WaveLight® Laser is very precise and the outcome is an individualized vision correction, which is very different from traditional LASIK surgery or standard prescription glasses. Aside from being very unique and individualized, here are the other benefits of custom LASIK:
- Helps to improve visual acuity (how much a person can see) and contrast sensitivity (how well a person can see fine details)
- Less risk of post-LASIK issues such as halos and glare
- Has been found to have fewer risks of night vision issues after surgery
- Addresses both aberrations or visual distortions of both lower and higher order
- Can treat even those who have lost best-corrected vision from prior surgeries such as LASIK, RK and PRK
As with traditional LASIK, a thorough vision exam and consultation is required to determine if a patient is qualified to undergo custom LASIK. If you are eligible for the procedure, Dr. Oliva or Dr. Welling will ensure that you receive the best treatment possible. If you are interested in having custom LASIK vision correction in Medford, contact Medical Eye Center at 541-734- or medfordlasik.com to schedule a consultation today.