- Numbing Drops: In Medford, Dr. Imperia administers numbing drops that take effect in seconds and last throughout the procedure.
- Flap: Next Dr. Imperia will create a thin, hinged flap in your cornea. When the flap is created and then lifted, it is normal for your vision to dim and blur.
- Laser Reshaping: While monitoring and tracking your eyes with a computer, Dr. Imperia uses an excimer laser to precisely reshape the stroma layer of your cornea. The laser removes cells according to your unique prescription with incredible precision. If you’re getting custom LASIK eye surgery, Dr. Imperia will correct for more nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism as needed.
- Flap Replacement: After the laser has completed its work, Dr. Imperia replaces the flap on your cornea – without stitches – and you’ll begin to notice the difference almost immediately.
- Aftercare: After your procedure you will wear sunglasses and will need a ride home. Rest your eyes for about 24 hours. Dr. Imperia will schedule some follow-up evaluations. While you’ll want to be careful with your eyes, avoiding strenuous activities for a few weeks, most people are able to go right back to work the following day.
In order to determine if you are a candidate for LASIK, we invite you to visit us for a free consultation. You will meet with Dr. Imperia to discuss what procedure will best suit your needs. Contact Medical Eye Center at 541-734-4816 or medfordlasik.com for more information.